इंडियन आवाज़     20 Aug 2017 07:32:00      انڈین آواز

Annual Report on “Registration of Births and Deaths in Delhi-2016” released

Vinit Wahi / New Delhi

The Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia Thursday released Annual Report on “Registration of Births and Deaths in Delhi-2016” prepared by the Directorate of Economics and Statistics.

Releasing the Report, he informed that the number of births registered in Delhi during 2016 were 379161 as compared to 374012 during 2015 and 373693 during 2014. Out of 379161 total registered births in 2016, 199358 (52.6%) were male and 179738 (47.4%) were female. The birth rate works out to 20.38 per thousand population during 2016 as against 20.50 during 2015. Out of total registered births in Delhi during 2016, 34.57% were registered in North DMC, 31.07% in South DMC, 21.04% in East DMC, 12.19% in NDMC and 1.13% in Cantonment Board Area.

He said that the Institutional births have increased from 315694 (84.41%) in 2015 to 328872 (86.74%) in the year 2016. Out of 3.29 lakhs institutional births, about 2.21 Lakhs (67.21%) births occurred in the Government Hospitals as compared to 2.12 lakhs (67.16%) births in 2015. Average number of birth per day in Delhi works out to 1036 in the year 2016 as compared to 1025 in 2016.

Age-group of the mother at the time of delivery reveals that in maximum ( 43.58% ) cases it was 20-24 years followed by 36.52% cases in 25-29 years age group and in 16.8% cases the age of mother was more than 30 years.

Sisodia informed that the Infant Mortality Rate per thousand live births has decreased from 23.25 in 2015 to 21.35 in 2016.

The Deputy Chief Minister pointed out that the Sex Ratio (Number of females per thousand males) at birth increased from 898 in the year 2015 to 902 in the year 2016.

He informed that the total number of deaths registered in Delhi during 2016 were 1.42 lakhs as compared to 1.25 lakhs in 2015. Average number of deaths registered per day in Delhi works out to 387 during the year 2016. The death rate per thousand population works out to 7.61 during the year 2016. About 64% of the total deaths were reported by the Hospitals and remaining 36% were domiciliary deaths.

The report reveals that the average number of births per day in Delhi during 2016 is 1036 and average number of deaths is 387. Thus the net natural increase in population of Delhi is 649 per day and 2.37 lakhs in a year. The remaining increase in the population of Delhi is due to migration.

Leave a Reply

You have to agree to the comment policy.



कलिंग-उत्कल रेल हादसा: 50 यात्रियों की मौत का अंदेशा

AMN / मुजफ्फरनगर सिस्टम और रेलवे की घोर लाप ...

यू पी में बड़ा ट्रेन हादसा 20 के मरने की खबर , कई घायल

WEB DESK / AMN उत्तर प्रदेश के मुजफ्फरनगर में बड़ ...

कार्ति चिदंबरम को सुप्रीम कोर्ट ने दिए कड़े निर्देश

पूर्व वित्त मंत्री और कांग्रेसी नेता पी च ...

जेडी-यू NDA एनडीए में होगा शामिल

सभी की निगाहें  aaj  पटना में होने वाली जेडी ...



Ghosh-Sathiyan set up clash with top seeds in final of Bulgaria Open

The Indian pair of Soumyajit Ghosh and G Sathiyan has entered the men's doubles final of the Seamaster 2017 IT ...

Sports Ministry drops para-sports coach Satyanarayana from Dronacharya awardees list

The Sports Ministry has dropped para-sports coach Satyanarayana from the list of this year's Dronacharya award ...



August 2017
« Jul    


Mallya case: India gives fresh set of documents to UK

AMN India has given a fresh set of papers to the UK in the extradition case of businessman Vijay Mallya. Ex ...

@Powered By: Logicsart