The Monitoring Committee constituted by the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change to oversee the outbreak of H5N8 avian influenza, reviewed the control and containment of the avian influenza situation today.
Mortality Status within 24 hours:
NATIONAL ZOOLOGICAL PARK, NEW DELHI – Nil
DEER PARK, HAUZ KHAS, NEW DELHI – Nil
The control and containment measures of avian influenza in the affected zoos are being continued, which include:
- Surveillance continues and the zoo is being screened regularly for any dead bird.
- Bio-security measures being strictly enforced.
- Disinfection by spraying anti-virus and other solutions is being undertaken regularly.
- The Zoo remained closed for the safety of visitors and control of the disease.
- A medical doctor visited and examined the exposed employees of the zoo and medication was provided.
- Activities of other birds in the zoos appear to be normal.
- Five samples from Gwalior Zoo have been sent to Bhopal for examination.
- A meeting of the Monitoring Committee of MoEF&CC was held yesterday to review the status of control and containment of H5 N8 Avian Influenza.
- Report from ICAR National Institute of High Security Animal Diseases dated 29.10.2016, indicating updated interim results of samples sent on 24.10.2016 from National Zoological Park have been received today. The samples were collected and sent by the Rapid Response Team (RRT) of Animal Husbandry Department, Delhi government. The results are as under:
|Not mentioned||Cloacal swab-09||Negative for AIV|
|Tracheal swab-03||Negative for AIV|
|Fresh dropping-01||Negative for AIV|
- Report from ICAR National Institute of High Security Animal Diseases dated 31.10.2016, indicating the updated interim results of samples sent on 26.10.2016 from National Zoological Park, have been received today. The samples were collected and sent by the Rapid Response Team (RRT) of Animal Husbandry Department, Delhi government. The results are as under:
|Grey Partridge||Dead Bird – 01||Negative for AIV|