AMN / NEW DELHI
Union Information and Broadcasting Minister Colonel Rajyavardhan Rathore has dismissed media reports that the government is planning to hire private agencies to keep tabs on media platforms ahead of upcoming Lok Sabha polls.
A news portal had recently published a report that the Press Information Bureau floated a tender last month, inviting proposals from external agencies for media aggregation, analysis and feedback services with regard to print, electronic, online and social media.
In a video posted on his Twitter handle, the I&B Minister said, similar contracts for collating information on the print and electronic media were floated on earlier occasions too and social media has been added in the contact this time.
He said, as social media is very critical nowadays, the government wants to know what’s happening on it.
Colonel Rathore said, the government wants to listen to the voice of the people on the public domain to see where it is lacking, and which policies need rectification.
— Rajyavardhan Rathore (@Ra_THORe) January 5, 2019