At least 12 people were killed, including eight civilians, and as many wounded as a result of suicide attack in the capital of eastern Nangarhar province Tuesday, reports pajhwok quoting official.
Attaullah Khogyani, the governor’s spokesman, told Pajhwok Afghan News the explosion took place in Khalis Family area in the limits of the 6th police district at around 10am.
He said eight civilians and two intelligence personnel were killed and four others, including two civilians, wounded as the bomber detonated his explosives.
According to Khogyani, one of the injured was in critical condition. The explosion left damaged several vehicles and nearby shops.
On the other hand, Dr. Najeebullah Kamawal, provincial public health director, said 12 bodies and five injured had been evacuated to the hospital from the blast sit.
A resident of the area said the blast took place close to a fuel station. The explosion was powerful, he said, adding he was unaware of casualties.